CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
If you are in the European Economic Area, and more generally in respect of our collection and processing of personal data that is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (referred to herein as “GDPR”) or similar implementing legislation in the UK, we have set out below additional information about the different kinds of personal data about you that we may collect, use, store and transfer and how we collect such data in the context of recruiting.
As part of any recruitment process, F-star Therapeutics Limited and its affiliates (“F-star”, “we”, “us”, “our”) collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. F-star Therapeutics Limited is the “data controller”, which means that F-star Therapeutics Limited is responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
This privacy notice sets out how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will usually be kept for.
We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect and process a range of information about you. This includes:
- information provided in your CV or cover letter;
- information you have provided on the application form, including your name, title, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and gender;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process;
- criminal convictions if it is appropriate given the nature of the role; and
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK and/or the US
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- You, the candidate (for example, from your cover letter, CV or resume, your passport or other identity documents, or through interviews or other forms of assessment).
- A recruitment agency, if applicable.
- Publicly accessible sources such as social media accounts (such as LinkedIn), news articles or blogs.
- Third parties, such as references supplied by former employers, information from employment background check providers, information from open source checks and the Disclosure and Barring Service in respect of criminal convictions if it is appropriate given the nature of the role.
We will only collect information from third parties once a job offer to you has been made and we will inform you that we are doing so.
Your personal data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
WHY DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA?
We process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. We also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you.
In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with our legal obligations. For example, if we are required to check a successful applicant's eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
We have a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims. We process health information if we need to make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for candidates who have a disability. This is to carry out our obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
We will collect information about your criminal convictions history if we are required or entitled to carry out a criminal records check in order to satisfy ourselves that there is nothing in your criminal convictions history which makes you unsuitable for the role which you are being offered.
If your application is unsuccessful, we will keep your personal data on file in case there are future employment opportunities for which you may be suited. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time such use.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO DATA?
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
We will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment. We will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you, employment background check providers to obtain necessary background checks, a security screening provider to conduct open source checks and our occupational health provider so you can have a new starter health assessment.
We may transfer your data to other entities within the F-star Group. This will involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), to the United States of America.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is given to your personal data and ensure that your personal information is treated in a way that is consistent with and which respects the EU and UK laws on data protection. We have done this by putting in place specific contractual clauses approved by the European Commission giving personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
HOW DOES THE ORGANISATION PROTECT DATA?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties. An Information Technology Security Policy is in force. We store critical data off site within the UK in a data centre with full redundancy, we have encrypted email archiving in place and network drives operate under restricted access.
FOR HOW LONG DOES THE ORGANISATION KEEP DATA?
If your application is unsuccessful, by submitting your application you agree to us holding your data on file for reasonable period of time after the end of the relevant recruitment process for consideration for further future employment opportunities. At the end of that period or once you withdraw your consent, your data is deleted or destroyed.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
As a data subject, you have certain rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require us to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require us to delete or stop processing your data, for example, where
- the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where we are relying on legitimate interest as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask us to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override our legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner in the UK.
WHAT IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to us during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
Recruitment processes are not based solely on automated decision-making.
CONTACT DETAILS FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
||F-star Therapeutics Limited
Eddeva B920, Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge
CB22 3AT UK