F-star seeks high performing, talented and ambitious individuals. You will join a strong, dynamic and culturally diverse team of experienced scientific leaders. We are located on the attractive Babraham Research Campus near Cambridge, in state of the art laboratories, offering a working environment that fosters creativity, innovation, leadership and teamwork.
We reward and recognise excellent work, provide opportunities for career development and an attractive benefits package that includes:
- competitive salaries with performance-related bonus
- excellent healthcare cover
- life insurance & non-contributory pension
All vacancies are listed below. If you do not see a position suitable for you, please check back later, since new opportunities regularly become available. If you don’t want to apply for a specific position, but still think you have the right experience to work at F-star, we invite you to send a CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
F-star develops therapeutic bispecific antibodies using its Modular Antibody Technology, directed at improving the treatment of serious diseases, with a focus on immuno-oncology.
We are looking for an exceptional Research Associate to play a key role in the continuous advancement of our immuno-oncology platform and contribute to drug discovery and development. You will be largely lab-based, working under the supervision of a senior scientist within the immuno-oncology team and will be accountable for the delivery and critical appraisal of your results.
- Will be expected to be primarily involved in experiments involving preclinical models of cancer (in vivo models).
- Act as the main point of contact/expertise for lab-based scientists and BSU staff (in vivo study execution and co-ordination).
- Ensure experiments and data management activities result in a robust, quality data to inform decision making on projects.
- Aid, design and execute a diverse range of experiments for in vivo investigations of novel therapeutic antibodies and antibody fragments.
- Carry out on-going analysis of data generated to identify issues and implement necessary changes.
- Communicate ideas, experimental strategy methods and results to supervisor and teams.
- Operate and validate all items of equipment or IT needed for experimentation, data analysis, storage and data entry.
- Contribute to the maintenance of reagents and general lab facilities.
- Read scientific literature and keep up with the new trends and techniques related to role.
- Establish a broad technical skill set to directly aid and advise lab based scientists with in vivo requirements and knowledge of trial design and execution.
Skills and knowledge:
- In vivo experience, study monitoring and trial maintenance.
- Held a Home Office Personal license for at least a year.
- Post-trial collection of tissues and a keen interest in the analysis.
- Keen to learn record keeping and data collection techniques during in vivo trials.
- Ability to learn and maintain rigid controls and analysis during multiple ongoing experiments.
- Ability to work unsupervised when required.
Desirable or willing to be trained in:
- Experience in drug discovery
- Experience in Flow Cytometry would be an advantage.
- Tissue culture experience.
- Oncology in vivo model experience.
Salary and Benefits:
The position is based at our new facility on the Babraham Research Campus in Cambridge. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, life assurance, and private medical insurance.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter, a detailed CV and names of two referees to email@example.com. Please include the job reference number F-star 075 in the email subject box.
Closing date: 28th April 2017